Ford lansira GT program

Odgovori
kyle
Poruka: 1652
Član foruma od: petak, 9. feb. 2018. u 15:06h

Ford lansira GT program

Poruka od kyle » petak, 28. jan. 2022. u 15:36h

Ford to Develop Mustang GT3 for 2024 Debut
Ford to enter IMSA GTD Pro ranks with two-car Multimatic-run factory program in 2024…

Ford Performance will re-enter top-level GT racing with a factory-backed Mustang GT3 program that will also be made available to customers beginning in 2024.

Announced Friday at Daytona International Speedway, the all-new Mustang GT3 will compete in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship’s GTD Pro class with a two-car factory effort campaigned by Multimatic Motorsports.

The Multimatic-built car will be powered by a 5.0-liter Coyote-based Ford V8 engine developed by Ford Performance and tuned by longtime partner M-Sport.

The effort will mark Ford’s return to top-level sports car racing competition following its four-year factory Ford GT effort with Chip Ganassi Racing that ended in 2019.

It had evaluated a move to DPi, and eventually what’s since become LMDh, although has opted to instead to remain in the production-based ranks with the global GT3 platform.

“Mustang was born to race from the start and we’re thrilled to introduce the GT3 version to compete head-to-head against some of the greatest manufacturers in the world,” said Ford Performance Motorsports global director Mark Rushbrook.

“With 58 years of global endurance racing heritage, including NASCAR and Australian Supercars today, we are ready to take Mustang to the next level of global performance.”

In addition to operating Ford’s factory GTD Pro effort in IMSA, Multimatic will also be charged with customer support for the Mustang GT3 in the GTD class.

“There’s no question that Multimatic Motorsports is the perfect partner on this project for us,” said Rushbrook.

“Not only have they worked with us to develop numerous customer Mustang programs in the past, but its work on the Ford GT program and the new Bronco DR customer race programs has shown together we can provide championship-level race programs for Ford and its customers.”

Multimatic’s Larry Holt added: “We’re excited to work on this new IMSA program as well as the GT3 customer program with Ford Performance.

“We have a long, great working relationship with each other, both at the highest levels of professional sports car racing, and in developing competitive customer race program and vehicles.

“We appreciate their faith in us, and together, we can’t wait to show the world what’s coming down the road with Mustang.”

The Mustang GT3 will feature bespoke Short-Long Arm suspension front and rear, rear-mounted transaxle gearbox, carbon fiber body panels, as well as a unique aero package developed to meet GT3 targets.

Hand Named Mustang GT3 Test Driver

Joey Hand, who was part of Ford’s winning lineup in the 2016 Le Mans 24 Hours in GTE-Pro, has been named as one of the manufacturer’s test drivers for the program.

Race drivers have not yet been announced for the factory program.

“It’s awesome to be on the ground floor of another amazing sports car racing program with Ford,” said Hand.

“As much as I like to compete and win on the track, I also enjoy being part of the development of new race vehicles like this Mustang.

“We did a lot of testing with the Ford GT program, so it will be great to be working again with a lot of the same people at Ford and Multimatic as we get this car ready for competition.”

Ford Developing New Mustang GT4 for 2023

In addition to the GT3-spec Mustang, Ford will be rolling out with a new Mustang GT4 model that’s expected to debut next year.

The current Multimatic-built Mustang GT4 debuted in 2017 and has received updates in the years since.

“It’s important to us to continue to support the Mustang GT4 effort as well,” said Rushbrook.

“We’ve had a lot of success both here and in Europe with the current Mustang GT4, and we look forward to being able to provide our customers with a brand new car for competition in the GT4 category starting next season.

“We’ll have more to say on that in the near future.”
I am Indy 8)

Talladega_500
Yankee
Poruka: 11195
Član foruma od: četvrtak, 4. jun 2009. u 03:16h

Re: Ford lansira GT program

Poruka od Talladega_500 » petak, 28. jan. 2022. u 19:21h

Slika
When I die, I want to be buried faced down so that anyone who doesn't like me can kiss my ass.

Talladega_500
Yankee
Poruka: 11195
Član foruma od: četvrtak, 4. jun 2009. u 03:16h

Poruka od Talladega_500 » četvrtak, 15. sep. 2022. u 20:59h

Slika

Slika

Slika
When I die, I want to be buried faced down so that anyone who doesn't like me can kiss my ass.

kyle

Poruka od kyle » sreda, 8. feb. 2023. u 12:11h

Slika
I am Indy 8)

kyle

Poruka od kyle » petak, 9. jun 2023. u 13:51h